Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 274, May 5, 2011

Today offered me another opportunity to heal.  I woke up and felt ill.  Got up to drink three glasses of water cause I felt very dry and then I went back to bed.  Call in sick day.  An hour later I did get up and moved slowly.  With the help of some homeopathic medications, lots of fluids and light food I made my way through the late morning.

After 4 hours of art practice I was feeling stronger.  Not much lunch and a lot of fluids had helped.  Around 4:45 I could feel myself sinking.  The sofa didn't help much.  I closed my eyes.  That helped, but only for a few minutes.  I realized my spine my pushing out of my body as I curled up in an effort to rest.  But my chest was heavy and my throat too.  It was yoga I needed, to move the muscles down my back and the spine back into the body.

The yoga mat brought the relief I needed.  Yes, the practice was therapeutic, with supports.  After a supported dog pose, brief headstand, longer shoulder stand, I was back to my old body, the healthy one.  The rest and rejuvenation was from encouraging my body back into a healthy shape.  My chest was open, the back muscles descended away from my ears.

What a relief.

I hope you found some relief today too:)

No comments:

Post a Comment