Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 322 June 22, 2011

garlic buds


The way these garlic buds circle around themselves inspires me.  If you watched a garlic plant growing at this stage of its development with a time release camera this part of the plant would be doing a twirl.  How many other plants do you know that can twirl?  Well, okay, you cannot really see this twirl except in your mind's eye, but hey, that is what our minds are for, correct?  Imagining what we cannot see before us, imagining our lives in the future, imagining all kinds of stuff?

As I dive into the garden each day I realize I am meditating.  Caring for my tiny crops, yes, but also being silent and moving with great awareness.  Sounds like yoga, doesn't it?

Did I remember to tell you I made a plate dedicated to garlic buds, with a poem along the edge?

namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment