Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 313 June 13, 2011

basil

The weather forecast is for three days of wet grayness and some rain.  Yesterday I was on forced rest pretty much all day, but I was thinking of my carrot seeds out there in the garden and hoping they would germinate in the next few days.   Then I thought about the luscious little patch of dirt I'd prepared that was patiently waiting for me to seed it.

I had plans for that little patch.  So today I got on my winter socks, winter waterproof pants, an old raincoat and I spent a busy hour seeding that little patch.   There are now tiny rows of lettuce, beets, green beans, fennel, kale, rutabaga, pak choi, basil and broccoli and two half rows of carrots that are maybe 12 feet long.  I'm going small this summer in the garden, in the hopes that I can take better care of the garden than I usually do.  Then I came inside and rested for nearly an hour.  That hour in the garden felt like 4 hours, but it was a really wonderful 4 hours.

That gardening time was as wonderful as a long swim in the crystal clear ocean, as wonderful as the deepest savasana after a penetrating yoga asana class, as wonderful as a finished piece of art work that has been your focus for the last month.  When we say yes to ourselves we can feel it deeply resound within us.  Or the opposite, when we are in fear or discomfort about what we are doing, we know.  Our body never forgets the reality.  Do you know what I mean?  Have you experienced this?

namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment