Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 312 June 12, 2011

stoneware plate
Sometimes we need to stop and let ourselves catch our breath.  I am the kind of person who loves to "do".  I am busy.  Lots of lists.  Projects galore.  How about you?  What kind of person are you?

Today my body let me know in no uncertain terms that it was pretty darn tired of all my "doing".  I listened.  Lots of time in bed, lots of water and lots of, "David, would you mind bringing me __________ ? [fill in the blank]"  Yes, I had a thick newspaper, piles of books and a laptop nearby, but I also spent time gazing out at the leaves, the lovely green leaves on the trees.  I rested.  I thought about what I had read and what I had watched on youtube.

Does this pattern of "doing" and a "forced rest" sound familiar to anyone?  Are there any other "doers" out there?  Somehow, I don't think I'm the only one.

The good news is, I listened.  My body is acting much nicer now too.

1 comment:

  1. Muriel, I love your blog. It's so nice to read your words of wisdom :)
    I definitely know what you mean about being a doer and finally giving your body some much needed rest. Sometimes it just feels so lazy to lie around, but the body knows best.

    ReplyDelete