Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 261 April 22, 2011

Ms. Maddie and Mr. Bear
The sun is blasting away, the grass is getting green.  Now if we could just get some heat!  Of course I realize that I am a needy diva who will only be happy when the weather co-operates and gives me an exactly perfect day.  Too bad, says the planet.  This girl needs to learn some patience.

I do.  I do.  And I'm probably not alone.  Dare I say that it seems like human nature to be impatient?  Now that I'm getting older I am gaining some insights that agree with this generalization.  You can clearly see this impatience in small children.  They want everything RIGHT NOW.  Parents help their children learn "that good things are worth waiting for."

So...... when you feel like your best effort in any endeavor is still falling way short of your self described minimal acceptable behaviour, cut yourself some slack and just BE for a moment.  Take a breather.  Inhale.  Exhale.  Again.

Look into the distance.  Then examine what is right in front of you.  Try the distance again.  Is a bird singing?  A child crying? A car revving?  A person breathing?  Yes, that person is you.  Now pat yourself on the back, tell yourself to be a little more patient and resume.  Your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment