Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 248 April 9, 2011



Today is a day of deep work in Mayhar's ten hour yoga workshop.  Today we spend five hours in the embrace of yoga asana.  The first time I studied with Mayhar at a ten hour workshop, by Saturday evening all I could manage was to nearly crawl to the bathtub and soak my aching muscles.  Food was out of the question.  So was even a nap.  I needed immense heat.  After a long soak then I napped.

Finally awake, I did get to eat supper.  It felt like quite a miracle to find myself at a restaurant pretending that all was normal in the world.  I was staggered by the deepness of the work on the mat.  It reverberated for days afterword.

Fortunately, Mayhar is very gentle.  She knows exactly how much her students can take.   I offer thanks to all the wonderful teachers I've had the honour to study with over the years: Jawahar Bengara from Mumbai, Pam Stewart from PEI, Patricia Walden from Boston, Mary Dunn from Conneticutt, Marlene Mawhinney from Toronto, Donna Fornelli from Ottawa, Ingelise Nherlan from BC, Liz McLeod from Winnipeg, Maureen Carruthers from BC, Father Joe Pereria from India, Barb Winsor from Newfoundland and of course, my David, David Thomas of Nova Scotia.

Once again, thank you to all the teachers we meet who inspire us.

No comments:

Post a Comment