Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 233 March 25, 2011

Ms. Windy slipping in for her swim in the river


Today David helped me with my yoga asana practice and I now feel like I'm getting my old body back.  An injury has prevented me from my normal routine this week, but the good news is I really appreciated the rest I was forced to accept if I wanted to get better.

I read three books this week.  Sinking into the sofa with my book was delicious, even though I felt some pain here and there throughout the day and especially at night.  I did some very quiet therapeutic yoga practices and just listened to my body so that it could lead me back to a state of ease.

If you are a really busy person do you find it hard to rest?  Just laze about and not do much?  I used to be way too busy to rest and any interruption to that overly busy life made me drive myself even more furiously forward to finish the agenda at hand.  Now I'm learning to move at a much slower pace and I think I'm ready for that now.  I saw what that frantic way of life was like and I'm ready to move towards a much more balanced approach to my life.  I'm ready to slip into the river instead of crashing in cannon ball style.

No comments:

Post a Comment